T H E S T O R Y
Combining high-quality production with magnificent fine art, the covers are embossed then foil stamped. And they're powerfully practical: a pocket at the back for receipts and scraps, two bookmarks and a solid magnetic side flap. These are perfect for personal use and make a dazzling gift.
Your choice of three different journals! Choose your favorite!
- Bosschaert the Elder - Still life of Flowers in a Wan-Li Vase Journal - Ambrosius Bosschaert the Elder was a Dutch Golden Age painter. The flowers in this arrangement, which include lilies, tulips, roses, and carnations, are painted with almost scientific precision. Bosschaert’s choice of a smooth copper support enhances the extraordinary detail of his brushwork. The bouquet itself, however, is a fiction: these flowers do not bloom at the same time, and would have been far too precious to cut for temporary display.
- Frida Kahlo: Dark Pink Floral Portrait Journal - One of the most iconic artists of the 20th century, Frida Kahlo’s bold, carefully crafted visual identity is in many respects an extension of her art, celebrating her Mexican heritage and counter-cultural ideals while defying traditional notions of female beauty. Striking and bursting with color, her portraits resonate as much today as ever.
- William Morris: Compton Journal - William Morris was an outstanding character of many talents, being an architect, writer, social campaigner, artist and, with his Kelmscott Press, an important figure of the Arts and Crafts movement. He is best known for his superior wallpaper and textile designs, intricately weaving together natural motifs in highly stylized two-dimensional patterns with medieval influences. This Collection shows some of his best-loved prints and is perfect for all art lovers!
D E T A I L S
- Hardback with magnetic closure
- 176 lined pages
- Size: 8.26in x 5.82in x 0.66in
- Choose from Bosschaert, Frida Kahlo, or William Morris (*Journals are shown in order of design choices.)